You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Patents Act 1977
Patents Rules 2007
Patents (Fees) Rules 2007
Forms & Fees
Amendment of patent in infringement or revocation proceedings
(1) In any proceedings before the court or the comptroller in which the validity of a patent may be put in issue the court or, as the case may be, the comptroller may, subject to
below, allow the proprietor of the patent to amend the specification of the patent in such manner, and subject to such terms as to advertising the proposed amendment and as to costs, expenses or otherwise, as the court or comptroller thinks fit.
(2) A person may give notice to the court or the comptroller of his opposition to an amendment proposed by the proprietor of the patent under this section, and if he does so the court or the comptroller shall notify the proprietor and consider the opposition in deciding whether the amendment or any amendment should be allowed.
(3) An amendment of a specification of a patent under this section shall have effect and be deemed always to have had effect from the grant of the patent.
(4) Where an application for an order under this section is made to the court, the applicant shall notify the comptroller, who shall be entitled to appear and be heard and shall appear if so directed by the court.
(5) In considering whether or not to allow an amendment proposed under this section, the court or the comptroller shall have regard to any relevant principles applicable under the European Patent Convention.
Manual of Patent Practice
See notes on
Subsection (5) inserted by
Patents Act 2004
, as commenced by the Patents Act 2004 (Commencement No. 4 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2007
SI 2007 No. 3396
, from 13 December 2007.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"