Skip to main content
You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Patents Act 1977
Patents Rules 2007
Patents (Fees) Rules 2007
Forms & Fees
General power to amend specification after grant
(1) Subject to the following provisions of this section and to
below, the comptroller may, on an application made by the proprietor of a patent, allow the specification of the patent to be amended subject to such conditions, if any, as he thinks fit.
(2) No such amendment shall be allowed under this section where there are pending before the court or the comptroller proceedings in which the validity of the patent may be put in issue.
(3) An amendment of a specification of a patent under this section shall have effect and be deemed always to have had effect from the grant of the patent.
(4) The comptroller may, without an application being made to him for the purpose, amend the specification of a patent so as to acknowledge a registered trademark.
(5) A person may give notice to the comptroller of his opposition to an application under this section by the proprietor of a patent, and if he does so the comptroller shall notify the proprietor and consider the opposition in deciding whether to grant the application.
(6) In considering whether or not to allow an application under this section, the comptroller shall have regard to any relevant principles applicable under the European Patent Convention.
Manual of Patent Practice
Section 27(6) inserted by
Patents Act 2004
, as commenced by the Patents Act 2004 (Commencement No. 4 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2007
SI 2007 No. 3396
, from 13 December 2007.
Amendments under s27,
may not add subject matter or extend the protection of the patent (
Amendments under sections 27 and
Patent Office website notice
Requests made under sections 27 or 75.
Submitting post-grant amendments electronically
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"