You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Patents Act 1977
Patents Rules 2007
Patents (Fees) Rules 2007
Forms & Fees
Submissions of observations and observations in reply
Back to index
Corresponding 2007 Rule:
(1) If the request has not been refused or withdrawn, any person may, before the end of the relevant period, file observations on any issue raised by the request.
(2) Such observations may include reasons why the comptroller should refuse the request.
(3) Any person who files observations under paragraph (1) shall ensure that, before the end of the relevant period, a copy of those observations is received—
(a) where that person is not the patent holder, by the patent holder; and
(b) by the requester.
(4) A person to whom observations are sent under paragraph (3) may, not later than two weeks after the end of the relevant period, file observations confined strictly to matters in reply.
(5) Any person who files observations under paragraph (4) shall ensure that, within that period of two weeks, a copy of those observations is received—
(a) where that person is the requester, by the patent holder; and
(b) where that person is the patent holder, by the requester.
(6) If it is reasonably possible, the observations filed under this rule and the copies of such observations shall be delivered only in electronic form or using electronic communications.
(7) For the purposes of this rule, the relevant period is the period of four weeks beginning with the date of advertisement under
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"